Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Can't sleep? Pop in these movies and sleepsauce... boom

I ran this idea by Andrew McCarthy and Judd Nelson and they wanted to make sure that I mentioned this before you see this list - I am NOT saying these movies are boring! I am simplying saying that these films that don't require, well, your full attention to view... they aren't visual masterpieces, so you can simply lay down, close your eyes and let the movie send you to slumberland... and believe me, if you do, you will have crazy awesome dreams about 1985 Demi Moore... whoa!



Here we have one of the most underrated 80's flicks... "St. Elmo's Fire" is the brat pack movie that never gets the attention it deserves... great soundtrack too... I have watched this movie countless times while awake, but when I'm falling asleep, I'm usually zonked out by the time Rob Lowe is arrested a few minutes into the movie... just like a flawless performance in "Street Fighter 2"... PERFECT!

Here are some other gems:
  • "My Girl" - just make sure you fall asleep before Thomas Jay dies... 
  • "Multiplicity" - Harold Ramis directing + 4 Michael Keatons = legendary
  • "The Great Outdoors" - not gonna lie, I love this movie and no matter how tired I am, I can usually last at least 45 minutes, but always fall asleep before John Candy takes down the 96er...
  • "Benny and Joon" - ok this movie is actually kinda boring, but I like it... it was the launching pad for the epic song "500 Miles" by The Proclaimers, and it teaches you how to make grilled cheeses sandwiches with an iron... soooo, yup...
  • "Clerks" - this movie has unlimited repeatability... "Clerks 2" is just as good...
  • "Hoosiers" - maybe the greatest sports movie of all time... I only say that because I don't really consider "Rocky" to be a sports movie as much as it is a love story... brilliant soundtrack
  • "Glory" - another brilliant soundtrack... best war movie of all time IMO
There are more, but, I'm lazy as a daisy and just don't feel like posting more... Homer says, "Can't someone else do it?"

Goodnight Muncie!

No comments:

Post a Comment