Friday, October 1, 2010

The Social Network - 3.5 stars

The only question I had walking out of seeing "The Social Network" tonight was: what took soo fucking long to make this damn movie? I "Liked" it!


I having a hard time finding a reason not to give this 4 stars. I was zoned the F in the whole movie. Eisenberg was the best performance, followed by JT and the CFO kid.

I won't get into details because the way the story is told is one that I wasn't really aware of, and I imagine most people aren't either. You just gotta see it. I mean, everyone on the fucking planet is on this website. The way Zuckerberg came up with all the details for the website is fascinating. He would be in class, see something in the room, come up with the idea of "Relationship Status", and then bolt out of the room to go back to his computer and add the application. Epic.

I think the reason I'm not giving this 4 stars is because I was hoping at the end of the movie, everyone in the audience would be friend requested by Zuckerberg himself - you know - thanking us for seeing his movie.

With 10 best picture slots, this will totally get nominated. Eisenberg and Garfield should get nods too.

Sidenote - I kept thinking about the line from Funny People where Seth Rogan says, "fuck facebook in the face!" Sadly, the line wasn't used in the "Social Network."

No comments:

Post a Comment