Thursday, December 16, 2010

Celebrating Christmas: Top 5 Christmas Songs... like ever!

Mind you, this list is totally open for debate... however, I ran this list by Dennis Reynolds and he said, "If you disagree with this list... you're dead wrong... dead wrong"

Let's get one thing clear... is there going to be a lot of "Home Alone" on this list....................... yes... it's one of the best Xmas movies ever... second best in my book... first best? Well, that's for another day...


Some on this list are from movies... some are from Wham!

One thing is for certain... some radio stations switch their format over to Christmas music before Thanksgiving... and that is NOT ok in my book


5 - Somewhere In My Memory



A classic from "Home Alone"... this song was nominated for an Oscar... NOMINATED... how did another song beat this one? It's a miracle... (Bull Durham ftw)

4 - Christmas Time Is Here



No explanation needed here... a total childhood favorite... "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is a legendary Xmas special... easily the best TV Christmas special of all time... slightly better than "Kiss Saves Santa"

3 - Christmas Vacation



If there is a better intro into a Christmas movie... please show it to me?

IT'S THAT TIME... CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE!!!

Just played a "Christmas Vacation" drinking game last weekend at my cousins... and I can confidently say that "CV" is on the short list of movies that have unlimited repeatability... that's the fact, Jack!

2 - Last Christmas



If you've seen me do karaoke, I'm sure you are wondering why this tune isn't number one... yes, this song is in my wheelhouse... and yes, the video above is completely soaked in all sorts of epic... and it probably should be number one... but when you watch the video I've picked for number one... and you see Kevin McAllister in the beginning of the video... you'll know why it had to be number one...

1 - All Alone On Christmas



Did I tell ya? What did I tell ya?

Slap some shades on Kevin McAllister and you got yourself a sick party... that song is from "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York"... it's not as good as the first one, but it is still awesome

I always thought they should have kept going with sequels where he gets lost in another location... New York was good... here are some other ideas:
  • "Home Alone: Lost on the south side of Chicago"
  • "Home Alone: Lost in space"
  • "Home Alone: Lost in Michael Myers house" (basically "Halloween: Resurrection")
  • "Home Alone: Lost in Muncie"

No comments:

Post a Comment