Friday, November 5, 2010

Due Date - 3 stars

This movie is the dim-witted stepchild of "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"... you know... classic road trip movie... nothing wrong with that... this movie doesn't come close to PTA... but that's not a knock on "Due Date"... nothing can touch PTA...


Because of its connection to the PTA format... I was totally skeptical about this film going in... its hard to try to emulate such a classic... and I have to be honest... after a half hour, I was sure I was going to be disappointed... but let me tell you today... I was pleasantly the fuck surprised... the pace picked up, and the rest of the movie was very fuckin' funny

You knew there were going to be some epic laughs (there were many)... Zach Galifinakis does his best to pull a John Candy here... fails... but, nobody is John Candy... ZG was rock solid... more of the awkward nonsense stuff from the Hangover... which is fine, for now... I'm afraid it is going to get old quick... see, John Candy could be outgoing, serious, charming and heroic... he had it all... ZG can do one of those right now... soo far he's good at making people laugh... I hope there is more to come from him... when he tries to be serious in this movie, I still kind of want to laugh... when John Candy has his serious moments in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", it should have gotten him an Oscar nomination... that's the difference

ANYWHO - RDJr is awesome, as he always is... and even though Michelle Monaghan is preggers... she is still smokin'

All in all, it is definitely worth seeing... I especially liked this scene from RDJr...




ok that's from Weird Science...

No comments:

Post a Comment